By completing this Hands-On Lab you have learned the fundamentals of ASP.NET MVC Models and Data Access, using a Database First approach:
- How to add a database to the solution in order to consume its data
- How to update Controllers to provide View templates with the data taken from the database instead of hard-coded one
- How to query the database using parameters
- How to use the Query Result Shaping, a feature that reduces the number of accesses to the database to retrieve data in a more efficient way
- How to use both Database First and Code First approaches in Microsoft Entity to link the database with the model.